Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Have you looked into chair rentals for an outdoor wedding?

i was just curious about the cost.. i do plan on looking in my local phone book for a chair rental company.. but i was just curious about the average cost ?


in other places.. that way i can see if i'm getting gipped or somethingHave you looked into chair rentals for an outdoor wedding?
chairs are expensive





basic plastic folding chairs about $2


wooden folding chairs $4


chavari chairs (the fancy ones) up to $11





if you want chairs cover they are about $7 per chair





it's an incredible expenseHave you looked into chair rentals for an outdoor wedding?
Many churches or funeral homes let you borrow their chairs for events like this at no charge, if they don't have an event happening at the same time. Churches don't charge you for the use, but it would probably be nice to give an offering to the church for the gesture. It's cheaper than renting.
I rent chairs all the time.





In my area (SF Bay Area), white plastic folding chairs are 1.55, wood folding chairs with padded seats are 3.75 and chiavari chairs (a bamboo look) with a seat cushion are 8.75. The delivery is 125.00 IF you can do it ANYTIME on a weekday and have pickup ANYTIME on a weekday. Otherwise, if you're talking about ';timed'; delivery and ';timed, late-night'; pickup, it's 450.00. Also, here's the doozy: setup and takedown of each chair is 1.75 to 3.00 each, depending on the chair. If you have friends that can do your chair setup and takedown, that will save you a bundle.





Do use a bigger, nicer rental company or you may end up with beat-up chairs that have been badly repainted. I know my company isn't the cheapest, but I know they are the only one I can count on for decent products.





Good luck!
I am doing this, I have hired 44 chairs at a cost of 拢166, this is including VAT, dropping them off and collecting them and th congestion charge in London UK. It's expensive but what other option do you have apart from getting them to sit on the grass?
If you find the prices too high, consider a reasonable donation to a church or other organization for the use of their chairs.
I had two choices to choose from. The one like the previous poster posted. I believe it was about the same. I went for the white wooden chairs, they were $2.50 per chair.
I just got married in June and my chairs were 2.50 each plus 50 cents per chair to set them up. I felt like I was getting ripped off but that was the going rate in my town. Sometimes if you look for companies that are not wedding oriented but do rentals you get a better price for hte same chair. Good luck and congratulations!
I rented white chairs for my wedding reception and they were only $1.25 per chair but prices range differently I'm sure from shop to shop. Picture in link below...

No comments:

Post a Comment